Monday, February 13, 2012

Coward, Immediacy


Ok, so my last entry was when God told me so things and I got the feeling to go to prison in the literal sense to set the captives free. Well, since I have been back at school I have called the jails so many times I couldn’t count it. So after 3 long weeks of call and answering machines I am finally being allowed to come in with a prison ministry team which I was totally psyched for. Last night I was at Thomas Road Church at 630 and this guy comes in and sits a few rows up to the right. I cannot explain it but I knew something was up with him and that I was supposed to go talk to him. I began praying immediately. I had a friend next to me and I wanted to tell her to pray for him as well. I just couldn’t muster it up after almost telling her several times. She looked at me a few times and knew something was up. This was all going on while we were learning about Elijah, whose story I was very familiar with. Well, in the middle of the service this guy got up and left so I got up and followed him after convincing myself to move. I left and he was inside the church towards the entrance. At this point I was shaking with a mix of emotions. I wanted to go towards him but lacked the courage and went into the bathroom. While inside I kept moving back and forth in between the door and then on the loudspeaker the Johnny said go! Go now! Go! This was as Jezebel was chasing after him and God told him to go. So I went. I walked towards the doors where he was standing and lacked courage again and jutted towards the door next to him. so as I am in the freezing weather with a shirt I figure I turn around and go in the door he was at and talk about the cold where trying to strike up a conversation (which I know is lame) so as I was going back to the entrance he came outside and I just stood there acting like I was waiting on a ride. So awkwardly I said its cold out. So I said this asked him what he was doing and he said he was waiting for something. He asked me why I was out here and I said for him. He was kind of weirded out which makes sense, I would be too. So after I said this he spilled his entire story to me. About how he had done a whole bunch of bad things and how there is like a warrant to arrest him or something and he just called the cops because he is turning himself in. so I ask for his number but I forgot my phone in my car so he gave me his and with urgency I dialed my number as the first cop car showed up. The cop got out and was getting ready to arrest him as I was making sure my phone was being called. So the cop asked me who I was and I said no one (which was also lame, I should have been there for him) but gave him back his phone and they took him away. I went back into church and right when I sit down Johnny talks about how we need to have immediacy. I was proud of myself because I felt like I had done that but I didn’t. I was a coward and lacked immediacy. But I sat down and told my friend. When we got back to my car I showed her my phone and how there was a missed call because I left my phone in my car. So when I got back to my dorm I was going to call him and I didn’t know why I knew he wouldn’t be able to pick it up so as I am about to go into my room some guy comes up and wants a haircut. Which I give on my dorm for 5 dollars and I told him to go away and I would give him one later. This was the second part the immediacy. So because I told him to go away I called the guy and it almost went to voicemail and he picked up. i was hoping and he picked up and I asked him how he was able to pick up while he was in jail. He said the cops gave him his phone, I have never heard of that happening before. So I got his name and where he was staying. He told me to pray for him and I think this is the jail that I got approved to go into. Well we will see, God really does move and I will pray for Him to continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment